The MMRS is one of the oldest model railway clubs in the UK, being founded in 1925 by J. A. Dean, so next year will be our 90th anniversary.
Since 1969 we have owned our own clubroom (Dean Hall) which is five miles south of Manchester city centre. This is home to six layouts in most of the popular scales, three being largely complete and two in the early stages of construction.
Dean Hall has a library with reference copies of all of the main monthly model railway magazines as well as books and dvds which can be borrowed.
Our well-equipped workshop is available for use by those with the requisite skills. The more expert members are always willing to pass on their knowledge with classes on using the lathe, building construction, beginners’ and advanced soldering techniques, producing drawings for etching..
We also host meetings of the Model Railway Electronics Group (MERG) and members are welcome to attend their meetings to keep up with the latest developments.
- Address: Dean Hall Mersey Road Sale Cheshire M33 6HL
- GPS: 53.429382,-2.322726399999965
- Website: http://www.mmrs.co.uk
- Monday 2pm to 4.30pm 7.30pm to 10.30 pm
- Wednesday 2pm to 4.30pm 7.30pm to 10.30pm
- Email membershipGM@mmrs.co.uk (Membership Secretary, Greg Mape)